Monday 7 April 2014

Candles Magic

Looking up candle magick!

Did you know that during the 17th century, England banned homemade candles. And made a law requiring a license to be brought before making any, and that the maker had to pay tax on every candle.

Candle magic, is something still used to day, even by 'ordinary' folk. Remember that every year when you blow out your birthday candles, and make a wish, it's a form of pagan magic.

Making your own candles is a wonderful way to empower your magical workings. I've made plenty of my own candles in the past, but am always interested in new tips and techniques.

Candles I made in 2011. Infused with rose petals, and berry tea.

In a later blog, after I've finished this book, I might have more facts to share with you...hoping I'll learn lots of new trinkets of knowledge.

Blessed Be
xx

---

P.S; If you're already feeling inspired, check out the blog I posted back in January, about making your own candles, in a super quick and super cheap manner;
 http://razorlustjadeaddis.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/candle-making.html

No comments:

Post a Comment