Sunday 8 May 2016

Feel The Earth


What with everything going on in my life right now, and Matt finally coming home last night, I was feeling refreshed.
I took myself off into nature today.
I needed to feel the wind caress my skin, and the sun kiss me.
My freckles are emerging now with this warm weather.

I started in a field, looking out over the river, I walked barefoot through the grass - dandelions and daisies, and buttercups dancing in the waters breeze.
Finding a particular sunny patch, I wrote in my journal for a while.
Fluid thoughts floating through my pen.


Then my bare feet took me into the woods.
Sunlight filtered through the tree canopy, and the air was warm and balmy around me.

The Woods are my happy place.
The feel of moss between my toes, and grass tickling my ankles.
Just having the earth under me, soothes my woes.
My message for today is to get outside. Feel the earth, and experience nature.
---------------------------------



And I never usually do this, but as I'm reading more, with all the wonderful books emerging this year, I'm going to leave this recommendation here. >>>>



I am a HUGE Sarah J Maas fan, all of her work is extraordinary, and when 'A Court Of Mist And Fury', landed on my doorstep, it did not disappoint.
Honestly...This book blew me away.
The first book in the series is called 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' - If you can get your hands on a copy, and enjoy fantasy romance, I suggest you read them.
The first one is inspired by a loose retelling of Beauty and The Beast. Set in a world of political fae, that Maas has tremendously pieced together.

This is the second book.
I read it within a day, devouring every morsel she offered to me, and then once I'd put it down...I picked it back up and read the whole thing again.
Book Three cannot come out soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment