Wednesday 3 September 2014

Talking to the Fae


Remember I said, I had ordered Brian Frouds Faerie Oracle?
Well a few days ago, it came to land in my little paws.

And it is beautiful. 


The guide book is so far wonderful - I have been following it along, doing all of the 'activities' suggested and required. The books author, who is Jessica Macbeth, makes you read the cards yourself without using the descriptions given. This is the first set of activities, learning to use your own intuition.

 (Thanks to the mother in law for the beautiful new cushions aswell)

My tarot deck is still my true baby - but as Autumn is upon us, I knew I needed to bring a bit of whimsy into my life and my divination.

This deck is pure, light-hearted wonder.
I see oracle decks as the little sister to Tarot.
They are no less valuable to those who can read them properly - but there are big differences.

The tarot deck has a set 78 cards that contain major and minor arcana. The rules are laid out before you, and in true tarot the card meanings can't differ too much from the original in the Rider Waite deck.

Oracle decks however are completely down to artist interpretation. There can be as many or as few cards as they want to draw/paint/create. The Faerie Oracle deck has 65 by the way. The meanings can also be decided by the artist - there are no set rules or regulations.
Take a look online at oracle decks, and see how many are out there, and how they are all totally different.

(This is my favourite card from the deck. It really appeals to my eye, and my heart. The playful, mischievous face of The Green Woman calls to me - and her little leafy dog like friend.
Do you have this deck? If so, which is your favourite card?) 

This adorable deck will travel with me through red, crisp rivers of fallen leaves. It will more than likely be used in coffee shops sat alongside a steaming mug of soy pumpkin latte. They may be laid down on the hard earth with a fluffy scarf as their bed, so I can read on the go.



I was going to do Tarot Thursday with this deck - but that was a silly idea, I am no where near connected to them enough yet. So sorry if anyone was looking forward to that tomorrow. But we shall see what next weeks tarot thursday will bring.

And also next week I will be sharing a vegan bounty bar recipe with you lovely things.

Check back tomorrow for YOUR reading by me, with the WildWood Tarot deck.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment