Friday 1 August 2014

Lammas


Happy Lammas beautiful people!
Or Lughnasadh depending on where you're from, or like me how lazy you are ;)

Lammas is a time of harvest, a time of promise of what is to come, but also a time of sacrafice. Bread making and wicker man making are common for celebrating this festival. It is a time to feel mother earths blessings, and think on the cycle of life and the harvest.

Personally every time this holiday comes around, I think of people in Salem during the Pilgrimage - churning butter, baking bread, and making poppets with the children. Feelings of light and warmth are abundant. This Sabbat has a lot of christian origins, especially revolving around the breaking of bread. 

The next Sabbat is Mabon which hits in late September and that is another harvest festival...but it is celebrating the work you are doing now. By Mabon all your harvesting should be finished, and it is a festival of equality.

------------------------------------------------

A note on Tarot Thursday;
Yes.
I'm late...
Tomorrow I will share a reading done for you, I have not had time to sit down and divulge in the cards for you just yet. But I am giving my WildWood Tarot Deck a break, and am reverting back this once to my old favourite Animal Oracle Deck.
I'm also contemplating on doing a larger spread for you guys aswell.
But,
No promises.
We shall see.
It is The Parlour tomorrow, so I shall be doing alot of divination regardless.

---------------

Enjoy this beautiful holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment