Monday 6 January 2014

Anger - Poem

Photography is hard work and time consuming, sometimes in the thrill or emotion of a moment, I find words that come to you, can be a wonderful release. So here for you is a free structure poem I wrote a few weeks ago, on scraps of paper in work;

Anger, Choking Anger.
Words burning in my throat, 
Pleading to break free - 
Wanting to be set loose,
Alongside swelling tears, and an erupting heart.
A heart which is hammering in my chest,
Battering my ribcage, 
Creating reverberating screams,
That will echo though my mind for endless hours.
The pulsating pulse of injustice, fuels this anger to my veins.

     -------

There
-Calm
Contain yourself!
Never let out the bile that burns in your throat.

Hold your tears, child.


I'm not what I'd call a confident writer...it's not something I do on a regular basis. I have two book ideas I've been working on for years, just for myself...but I feel poetry is more easily shared with the world. It's still for me, but maybe some of you can take something from it aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment