Saturday 4 January 2014

My first knitting project.

A while back, probably around November last year, I picked up a pair of bamboo knitting needles for the first time and I fell in love. The below scarf is the first thing I ever knitted.
It is a mega-large, super soft, chunky wool knit scarf. The colours are so beautiful - I pretty much wore this scarf for all of December, it's so warm! For every knitting project I've made/I'll make, I want to do a set with the products. I think this is a great way to mix two of my passions. I used Jadene Van Dyk in a mori style shoot, entitles 'Elen of the Way'; a title based on an antlered pagan goddess. This was the first time I'd ever shot anything like this style, and I must say I loved it. I loved the simplicity and tranquillity. Here are some of my personal favourites from that set;
I want to share these shoots of my knitting here, but also want to share some progress images with you all, step-by-step images of my hard work. So from now on when I knit, I'll be taking photos along the way to share with any followers I might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment