Sunday 26 January 2014

Eoh

After watching a back to back marathon of the Lord Of the Rings, I started doodling the picture below, thinking of real time war horses...As I drew it, the title was obvious to me 'Eoh' - The language the riders of Rohan use, Elvish for 'War Horse'.
  But as I drew words also started filling my mind, so I flipped to the back of my sketchbook, and scribbled it down on the cover. With a few tweaks I share it here with you...


Eoh

They're all around, crowding in,
No room to move, to breathe -
My hooves prance,
Dancing through a sea of mud,
Running red with kins blood.
They slash my chest, with cruel cuts
And bruise my haunches, with heavy hands.
Clinging to the reins about my throat.
Yanking, Pulling,
Desperately Clawing.
Swords shine as bright,
As the glistening sweat upon my coat.
The battle never ends, never dies.
Ongoing Cries.
And countless numbers falling -
Falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment