Wednesday 8 January 2014

Books.

Books are very important to me, and they inspire a lot of my photography work. I love getting lost in a good book, with a pot of tea and a warm fire. Almost nothing beats that.

I've decided in honour of this love, as a dedication to books - all year, I'm going to be doing a project on my favourite books, and putting them in my photographs. I don't just mean photos of the books of-course, I'm going to try and get creative with this project further on in the year.

Here is my first photo for this project;

Model; Jadene Van  Dyk
Book; Neil Gaiman; The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite authors, and this book is the latest one I read by him...I adored it! It was so atmospheric! And that is what I tried to play on a little in this photo. When the protragonist is visiting his 'witch-like' neighbours, there is this feeling of contentness, warmth and joy. This is how I feel when reading, so I tried to convey that here. 

'Books were safer than other people anyway.'
- Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment