Friday 3 January 2014

Location, Location, Location!



Model; Jadene Van Dyk


Something I learnt in 2013, which seems really obvious, is that Location is everything! I took some of my best shots last year, simply by scouting out some gorgeous places for shooting.
 I am definitely not at my best in the studio...being out in nature, looking at a magical setting is just so inspiring to me. I find my photos need editing less, and I can get some really lovely, natural light effects...something you just can't replicate.

 The above photo is taken a short way away from my home town. It's a great big quarry that overlooks the River Wye. This was one of my first major sets of 2013, and it taught me ALOT. Me and my model and co-conspirator, Jadene traipsed up gravel paths, climbed fences, and balanced over many, many rocks. It was close to dusk - the lighting was perfect, and I instantly knew that, despite having to shoot the corset for it's maker, 'Exquisitely Rotten', I had to get some silhouette shots.
 These are still some of my favourite images I've ever taken...They were barley touched in photoshop - the atmosphere and style I got was just so, so picturesque! The whole shoot was very serene and quiet. I think we were totally taken in with the scenery, and just got down to buisness.


No comments:

Post a Comment